The Travel category invites images depicting culture, place, people and customs. Travel images should convey the character and ambiance of a location, and may include travel portraits. Images may be commissioned or self-commissioned.
People and places should be represented fairly, both in capture and in post-production.
This category does have the option to add a Title.
BELOW 75 NO AWARD - Not yet at professional standard.
75 - 79 BRONZE AWARD - Images considered to demonstrate average to good levels of professional standard.
80 - 89 SILVER AWARD - Images that exceed professional standard and show high levels of visual communication, craft & skill.
90 - 100 GOLD AWARD - Images that demonstrate extraordinary visual communication and creativity with outstanding technical skill.
RULES THAT APPLY TO THIS CATEGORY
- All entries should be unique and original
- The subject of each image should not be recognisable in any 2 images entered. You may enter the same subject provided the image is not from the same setup and/or scene. ie: background, clothing , etc. This is to encourage diversity and uniqueness.
- All elements of each entry must have been captured within 5 years of the official closing date, 1st September 2020
- All elements of each entry must be photographic and have been captured by the entrant
- Post-production may be used to enhance an image, while retaining the integrity of the photographic capture.
- Post-production in this category should not take away from the intention of the original capture. Heavily edited images may be better suited to the Creative Category, which invites a broad range of entries including conceptual image-making.
- No digital backgrounds are allowed unless created by the entrant
- Textures are permitted and must have been captured by the entrant
- No stock photos or graphics are allowed
- We reserve the right to request the RAW file of any entry if necessary
- Diptychs & triptychs are permitted
- Composite images may be entered
- The entrant warrants that the work submitted is original
- The entrant warrants that the work submitted does not infringe the copyright, moral rights or other rights of any third party.
If an image is deemed to not meet these requirements, the entrant will be contacted by the RISE team and may be required to submit further evidence.
Please see the Legal – Terms and Conditions for further clarification
FILE UPLOAD SPECIFICATIONS
Images will be viewed on calibrated monitors
- 3000px on the longest side
- sRGB Profile
- save as maximum quality JPEG
Finalists may be asked to provide a high-resolution image for the next round of judging.