The Creative category is well suited to images that are abstract, impressionistic or illustrative in nature, to give the artist freedom to create with no limitations on photographic postproduction.
Criteria and Rules: Creative
The Creative category is suited to images that are abstract, impressionistic or illustrative in nature, to give the artist freedom to create with no limitations on photographic post-production. Subjects may include people, animals, landscapes or objects.
This category does not have the option to add a Title and description.
RULES THAT APPLY TO THIS CATEGORY
- All entries should be unique and original
- The subject of each image should not be recognisable in any 2 images entered
- All elements of each entry must have been captured within 5 years of the official closing date, 1st September 2020
- All elements of each entry must be photographic and have been captured by the entrant
- Post-production may be used to enhance an image, while retaining the integrity of the photographic capture.
- Post-production in this category should not take away from the intention of the original capture. Heavily edited images may be better suited to the Creative Category, which invites a broad range of entries including conceptual image-making.
- No digital backgrounds are allowed unless created by the entrant
- Textures are permitted and must have been captured by the entrant
- No stock photos or graphics are allowed
- We reserve the right to request the RAW file of any entry if necessary
- Diptychs & triptychs are permitted
- Composite images may be entered
- The entrant warrants that the work submitted is original
- The entrant warrants that the work submitted does not infringe the copyright, moral rights or other rights of any third party.
If an image is deemed to not meet these requirements, the entrant will be contacted by the RISE team and may be required to submit further evidence.
Please see the Legal – Terms and Conditions for further clarification
FILE UPLOAD SPECIFICATIONS
Images will be viewed on calibrated monitors
- 3000px on the longest side
- sRGB Profile
- save as maximum quality JPEG
Finalists may be asked to provide a high-resolution image for the next round of judging.